Thursday 1 January 2015

Products of 2014



I have a feeling as i start writing this it's going to be a lengthly post mentioning some of my true favourites from the year. Things that have stood out that i can say wow that saved me in 2014, and hopefully will do the same in 2015. 

Body shop oil cleanser
Starting with skin, because i think it might be the smallest category. I've always been quite lazy with my skincare which is why i can't complain when i have spots, but things that have helped me in tricky situations, or just that i think have made an improvement is a cleanser . It is the body shop oil cleanser, its really nice, its the first oil i have used and i really like it and would be without it and will be sure to buy another when it runs out 

Rimmel Stay matte liquid
I haven't really had that many holy grail products of this year, but looking through my make up bag i thought i would mention some products that have been great all year ( or as long as i've owned them '
Foundation wise i've had 2 that i've really liked, and both of them i'd buy again. They are also quite different too, as one is more of a summer foundation and one a winter ( in my opinion ) 
First up is ' Rimmel stay matte liquid ' it was a very weird product to try, as i've used mousse foundations before like the famous matte mouse, but this one came in a tube. It was great throughout the summer, because i had quite oily skin so i thought it really helped combat that oil. 
Rimmel lasting finish
It is a very nice foundation and is reasonably priced too. 
The second one i used; am using now is ' Rimmel lasting finish ' this foundation is a liquid so personally for me is better in the winter because thats when i tend to get slight dry patches, and obviously a mouse type is drying and clings to all the dry bits of skin. 

 Benefit Porefessional
Staying with face, i wanted to mention a primer and i only have one and yes it can only be benefits porefessional. This product has been amazing whenever i have really needed something extra this has helped, with long nights out or hard days at work when i know i've needed to try and look my best i have applied this before my foundation. Its slightly pricy ( not expensive ) but it cost me around £28, and the tube isn't huge but you need the tiniest bit and it goes a very long way. It has to be in my 2014  best ones.

Soap And Glory Shower Gel 
I have to add a shower gel, not everything could be beauty related could it? I have hardly used any of these bottles through the year though because they last forever! Soap and glory shower gels. I love the Sugar Crush one, because it just smells so fruity; but i have tried many of the others scents and still would keep trying others. I love these and always will i believe.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush 
In January i got the real techniques expert face brush. I use it every day to apply my foundation. I love it, it helps to blend everything in really well. I now couldn't imagine my life without it. It also washes really easily and dries quickly too. Its around £9.99 everywhere sold. 

Tresemme Hair mask
I love Hair masks, but i'm going to mention the one i'm currently using at the moment because i love it. The Tresemme reconstructing deep conditioning hair mask.  The smell the consistency, even the amount you need. I have very long and thick hair and i dont need much for it to be effective. The size of the product is good too because you get a hell of a lot so you can make it last a long time. 

I hope everyone has a great 2015, and hoping it is better than the last for everyone! 
Happy New Year








No comments:

Post a Comment